- 4 center-cut bone-in pork rib chops
(3/4 to 1 inch thick; 10 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 19-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, for topping
Preheat the broiler. Toss the pork chops with 1 tablespoon olive oil, the chopped rosemary and grated lemon zest on a rimmed baking sheet; season generously with salt and pepper.
Toss the chickpeas, garlic, roasted red peppers and rosemary sprigs with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Scatter around the pork chops. Pour the chicken broth over the chickpea mixture.
Broil, stirring the chickpea mixture once and rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until a thermometer inserted into the pork registers 145 degrees F, 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Original article: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/rosemary-garlic-pork-chops-with-chickpeas-3812233